Back at the end of the 1980s I wrote a book with the help of my friend Pamela Suffield a book called “Gospel of the Goddess”. We wrote as a New Age book but soon found out most New Agers were not interested in it. Not even women into Goddess spirituality. The only people who liked our book was the Femdom community who then contacted us. Pamela soon lost interest in this but I continued to communicate with them, but soon discovered a problem.
In our book “Gospel of the Goddess” we not only claimed that God was a women we also suggested that women should rule the world. Which is what the femdom community liked. But we claimed that the reason why women should rule the world, is that women are far more caring and loving people than men. This was totally different to femdom fantasies which wanted women to not only be the dominant sex but to be cruel and sadistic as well. So I had problems with dealing with that. But because I kept in communication with the femdom community “Gospel of the Goddess” did get published in New York by Artemis Creations Publishing. Although it didn’t sell very well.
I then got in contact with a women who called herself Goddess Dianna Vesta and I got on well with her. She encouraged me to go onto the internet and to me she came across to me as a very nice person yet she was pedaling Femdom fantasies, where women were very cruel to men. Then I came in contact with Rasa Von Werder and she was willing to promote my ideas about matriarchy and why God is a woman but she had no interest in femdom which made things a lot easier for me. At about the same time Dianna Vesta dropped out. So I continued working with Rasa Von Werder but I still found the biggest support for matriarchy and the idea that God is a woman, still came from the femdom community.
But the problem both Rasa and I had was that in selling the concept that women should rule the world, because they are kinder people than men, didn’t fit in with the behaviour of female politicians. If we look at well known female politicians like Indira Gandhi, Margaret Thatcher, Angela Merkel and Hillary Clinton none of them demonstrated the caring and loving side of women. All of them proved to be as ruthless, corrupt and deceptive as any normal male politicians. The main reason for this is that women are told that, “love is a weakness”. So ambitious women are encouraged to suppress any maternal or nurturing instincts they have, if they want to succeed in the brutal world of patriarchal politics.
The second problem we both had was that there was another matriarchal group called Matriarchal Studies. This was a academic matriarchal group that although believed in matriarchy they claimed that matriarchy was all about sexual equality. It wasn’t about women ruling the world. As the result when Rasa attempted to contact these women she was strongly rejected. But it seems to me that their form of matriarchy is not matriarchy but feminism. I would agree that a community ruled by women is far more likely to be more equal than any patriarchal society. But surely matriarchal is in the end, female rule. If we had a egalitarian society ruled both by men and women, men would compete against women for power and women would in the end have to act and behave like male politicians or lose power. Which is the situation we have today, where female politicians have to suppress any loving feelings they have, if they want political power.
A third problem we had, was that the only argument we has for claiming that God was a woman was that Jesus claimed that God is a God of love. So it would then make far more sense that a loving God would be female rather than male. The big problem with that, is that as atheists point out that; “if God is a God of love then, then why do we live in a world of suffering?” Which is a difficult problem to answer, not only for us, but for all Christians.
Then a couple of years ago I read about the ancient Greek legend of how the Greek Goddess Gaia come into being when she emerged out of chaos. At first I just saw this as just an alternative explanation to how the universe began, but the more I thought about it I began to realise that it explained so much more. At it explains why God is female and why a loving God would create a world of suffering like we now live in. You can read a full explanation of this in my book; Mother God Hypothesis. Or in my previous article.
From this I learnt that men are here on this planet to learn how to love and women are their teachers. But unfortunately men also teach women to reject love as they claim it’s a weakness and even teach women how to hate. This then is why we need a religion the explains why God is female and why we need to live in a matriarchal society. So men can learn to except that women are their teachers in teaching them how to love and stop them from teaching women the opposite to this.
Excellent insights, William! Well said overall, and thank you for sharing! 😊
ReplyDelete