Friday 27 August 2021

 Friends - I have been writing the Encyclopedia of my life.  Parts 1,2,3 & 4 are PUBLISHED, on Lulu.com & Amazon.com.   Now I'm working on Part 5 & there will be a 6 & that might be it, but if not, Part 7 will be the last.  So here is the Chapter I wrote today.


Chapter 3   CAT STEVENS – Did something spiritual happen?  8-27-21  

 

 





          Early in my career, the dates would have been 1973 to about 1979 – I had a dressmaker named Rosita Flores, in Manhattan.

 

          She was an interesting soul, egotistical to the max, constantly praising herself & wanting more praise – I was briefed about that by the dancer who referred her, who said,

 

          “Just keep telling her how great she is & she’ll sew your outfits for a reasonable price.”

 

          So I did that.  She had a magnificent apt overlooking the Times Square area – huge windows, don’t know how she got it from welfare I guess or disability – today that apt would go for 5 grand a month.

 

         She’d tell me her life story again & again, I listened patiently.  Much of it was about her son, who had something to do with show business – movies.  She was obsessed with him as women often are with sons, & he was her only living kin, but he lived far away in London.

 

          One particular time she’d not heard from him in a year, she had anxiety & asked me to pray.  So I set about praying intensely, that she would hear from her son, & this happened:

 

          She was walking down the street near Times Square when a young man just standing leaning against a building to her right, caught her eye.

 








          She exclaimed,

          “What a beautiful sweater you have on,”

it was a dazzling light blue.

 

          They started chatting, she told him she was a dress designer {not true in my case, I designed all my dresses, drew pictures & she sewed them up, but always talked of herself as a designer - obviously her ego.}

 

          She invited him over to her place after telling him ABOUT HER SON.  It just so happened HE KNEW HER SON IN LONDON & gave her positive news of him, having seen him recently.  THIS WAS THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYER.

 

          Now while there, my recent dress was on a mannequin.  The design was like so:  Dress, solid gold sequins, stretch, cut in a low V.  Over it is a mantle made of thin, sheer black net, with black marabou feathers surrounding the robe including the full sleeves, with cascades of violet wisteria flowers placed all over.  Cat Stevens looked at this & said,

 

          “That is the most ROMANTIC outfit I’ve ever seen.”

 

          Of course, Rosita said she was the designer, but somewhere in the course of conversation told him about me.

          Now since Rosita touched base with Cat due to my prayers, my shakti or God-energy went to him, & so, when he was converted to Islam shortly thereafter, I sensed my Presence had something to do with it.  But of course, I had no proof, & found nothing then or now in any media saying he was inspired by me.  He was converted to Islam, Wikipedia says, officially in Dec 1977.  That would be the appropriate timing.

 

          Many years go by.  It is now 2016.  I have quit my vow of celibacy {at the order of God} & am sitting at Uncle Tony’s bar in a small city near me, waiting for someone.

 














          In walks a young man I don’t know & tells me this story.  I swear on Our Holy Mother I speak the truth.  He says,

 

          “Cat Stevens said you were responsible for his conversion.”  {Meaning to God, the religion would not be the issue.}

          I said,

          “What do you mean?  I always had a feeling from long ago, but I couldn’t prove anything.”

          He said something like this, but it was convoluted & I recall the details vaguely,

 

          “My Uncle used to work with his band, & Cat Stevens said that you, the Stripper for God, caused him to turn to God.”

          I was flabbergasted.  This was a statement unsolicited from a person I DID NOT KNOW who said the name of Cat Stevens in relation to myself & his conversion – so he did not make it up & I am not making it up.

 

          I saw this young man again a few months later, in the same spot, & asked him to repeat what he said again, so I wasn’t hearing things, & he did repeat it.

 

          So you can believe or disbelieve, I’m just reporting some facts. {End Chapter 3}






3 comments:

  1. This one also looks good as well, Rasa. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ajax, same goes for you. Your articles are the best.

    ReplyDelete