Thursday 14 July 2022

Discussion re Body Building

 Discussion with the Author of Pumping Iron & Stay Hungry - Charles Gaines...He also took part in Pumping Iron II - the Women


To Charles Gaines,

 

This is Kellie Everts, aka Rasa Von Werder, look me up on Wikipedia. 

Note my list of books I have authored & published.   I'm writing a book & would like to speak to you about body building.

 

Thanks.                                   Rasa

 

Hi Kellie (Rasa), 

I remember you well from “Pumping Iron ll: The Women” days. You have certainly had an interesting career since then! 

I’m happy to talk to you. Let me know your thoughts on how and when. 

Best wishes,     Charles

Hello Charles!

                     After seeing your bio I thought about you & the many questions I could ask.  But there is one in particular I wanted to contact you for, so I’ll stick to that for now.  {Oh yes, I saw Stay Hungry when it first came out – it was great.  Did you have anything to do with Arnold getting the lead?}

 

          My question: 

          You were at the 1974 Felt Forum which featured the Mr Olympia, Miss Americana contests.

          At the end of the show the male champions traditionally pose together as a kind of ‘bravo’ & good bye.

          That year, as I was a champion also, I jumped up on the stage to pose & got pushed off by Arnold.  You saw it.

          What was your take on this?

           I do have the comment you made to Randy Roach, but it is ambiguous & foggy on what actually happened.  So any details would be welcome. 

 

          Thanks very much.                   Rasa




Hey Rasa, 

To be honest with you, my life since 1974 has been so crowded with non-bodybuilding related things that I don’t even remember the event you allude to, let alone what my response to it was. Arnold, of course, has always done whatever he wants to do. But pushing a lady off a stage is not something I would admire, then or now; nor do I believe he would do it now. For the most part I think we all grow towards better selves, and I have gotten gentler in my old age with failings, both my own and others’. 

And yes, I encouraged Bob Rafelson, the director of “Stay Hungry”, to cast Arnold as Joe Santo, and he was great in the role.    All Best,      C.

Hi Charles!

                 To tweak your memory.  Yes, there are many things I can't recall from the past so I understand.  In fact, I hate to even think about my time in the body building forum - it was an ordeal.  Here it is:    

More from Randy Roach:

Also, if Charles Gaines can not be reached for whatever reasons I will give you something you can print such as for an example:

In his pending book on female bodybuilding, Randy Roach has written that Charles Gaines told him he attended the 1974 Mr. Olympia and witnessed me posing up against Arnold and being forced off the stage.  He told Randy he was amazed that I would pull such a stunt.

                                Charles, do you know anyone who took pictures of this when it occurred?  Just asking.  Because your observation leaves some questions like how was I forced off the stage?  That's what I mean by ambiguous & foggy. 

                   Thanks a lot.    Rasa

Rasa,

Dont know of any photos that might have been shot of it, and don’t remember how you were forced off the stage. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Good luck to you,   Charles

  From Rasa   A couple more questions:

 




        Since you were there at the beginning of Arnold's rise {& a part of his promotion}, do you have any ideas on the attributes, qualities or virtues that caused him to be so successful?

     Pumping Iron II - The Unprecedented Woman - Did you write the book?  It speaks of you involved with the movie.  But none of this as I can see is on your own Wikipedia.  May I ask why it was left out or have I missed something?  Did you feel it was unworthy to be part of your credentials?

     Do you know the history of female body building not from the Weider narrative, but the actual beginning?  Prior to 1979 when a Weider affiliated organization {George Snyder} had its first female body building contest?

    Have you checked the account of Randy Roach's "Muscle, Smoke & Mirrors?"  If so, what is your opinion of it? I think it's the greatest encyclopedia of male body building written or ever will be written, as it is perfect.   Anyone who loves the truth & is a part of body building should give him a warm thank you.  He should be getting the Pulitzer Prize & when I'm done writing my life, at the end of this year, I am going to nominate him for it.

     I might let you know that this correspondence will be published on my website & will be part of Part 8 "I Strip for God."  In fact, Randy's & my discussion including you is already on my site.  There are 3 articles on the subject, you are spoken of in the last 2 & right now I'm putting together our letters to add another one.  I include your credentials & accolades.

     I have reason to believe my life story "I Strip for God" will be produced, & possibly a series like "Rocky" - in 4 parts.  I expect to make a lot of money from it.  But that is not why I'm writing down every detail of my life & look forward to the movie/s.  It is my legacy, which is educational & of benefit to humanity.  I want the future generations to know the truth about me, my mission, why God sent me, what I actually did, without any of the lies of self-serving, exploitative, ignorant & brainwashed people.  I write the truth, the truth & nothing but the truth - So there will be no excuse for anyone twisting the facts or inventing fantasies & delusions.  I explain everything in such minute detail so many times, anyone who cares will have the weapons to explain me.  Money to me is not an issue or a great goal - having enough to survive is fine with me.  The excess amounts of money I have & will have will be put to use for God's work.  I will leave it to build a Sisterhood for Female Empowerment, a new Religion for Women, a Temple to Mother God, a Matriarchal takeover of the future. 

    Thanks for all your help!                    Rasa   

 






















Above, there is Arnold's son imitating his pose, lol

Dream re Franco Columbu – He’s in Purgatory

5-14-22  Appears, therefore, seeking my help:

 

I’m sitting in the same kitchen when in walks Franco Columbu.  There’s a bench press in the kitchen – my old one, just ordinary amateur beige foam thingy - & my old bar with weights – not heavy for him – just 150 lbs.  He gets on the bench & starts doing reps – then he poses.

When he poses two things stand out, one, from time to time I see his left side, mostly arm, & it’s a toothpick.  That would show up for a moment, but then his whole body would be a mass of muscles, from the back as I look, muscles on top of muscles, many like baseballs, smaller balls, balls on balls on balls.

 

*** {LEFT ARM A TOOTHPICK I see it on & off, the rest of him is all muscle, balls on balls, etc:

This represents his PAST {left} or his LIFE.  He’s here to show me that he was VERY STRONG in the physical aspect – the muscles, the balls.  He got very muscular & had balls or courage, in the things he did.

But his PAST is a toothpick in SPIRITUAL TERMS.  How much work did he do on his spiritual/ religious/ virtuous self?  Not much if it’s only a TOOTHPICK of strength.  Arms represent the STRENGTH OF LOVE whereas HANDS represent love itself – the giving of it.  So this tells me he’s here for help because his spiritual life was insignificant, he’s in Purgatory.} ***

 

He then goes to my refrigerator & looks in the freezer. There are mostly bags of green veggies.  I get pissed as I recall some time past I had steaks – but there aren’t there.  I feel Franco needs steak so I cry out, kind of mad,

“Where are my steaks?”

















***  {STEAKS:  It took me a while to fathom, but steaks in the freezer must mean the BODY & BLOOD of Jesus & Mary – where in the past I was saying the Holy Mass a lot, but lately, have not been,.  Apparently the Grace from these Masses has been USED UP for Souls, so Franco can’t get the benefit & I am pissed that there isn’t any of that Grace for him.

Being in the FREEZER would be being held in a preserved / reserved condition where it can be accessed when needed.

The GREEN VEGETABLES are other Graces, not as powerful as the Holy Mass.  I’m mad I can’t give him the Holy Mass Grace, reserved, should say a new one FOR HIM!  *but I did not think of it at the time!  It is now July 14—I am late on this!*} ***

 

He has a sort of assistant, a smaller person, who’s helping him look through the freezer.  I find some kind of juice & take a sip.  Maybe he’ll like it.

His assistant says,

“He’s made 2 kind of juice.”

I taste it, it’s sweet, good.  It’s purple & has small white thingies like coconut swimming in it.  So he was satisfied that he cold get good juice out of my freezer.

 

*** {SMALL PERSON HELPING HIM:  His Guardian Angel.  They stay with us in Purgatory.  Why SMALL?  My only guess could be he doesn’t need much protection – in Purgatory he doesn’t need ANY.  When we face great dangers while on earth the Angel/s expand in size.  I have THREE - their size changes.  During the CA earthquake {1967} I was resting in an apple orchard & above me I saw what I thought were 3 Flying Saucers, about 30’ or more across, hovering above me maybe 50’ in the air.  I had no idea what they were, but later, my 16 year old disciple David F, was in my living room lying on the couch as I slept in my bedroom with no door.  He said he saw 3 globes above me, they wee my Guardian Angels, & then I understood.

JUICE:  Reminds me of the anabolic steroids body builders take.  They won’t help him now – but this is a symbol of that.  Once these drugs helped him get muscular, but now he needs SPIRITUAL JUICE.  I taste this juice & it’s good – it’s some kind of spiritual Grace, here reserved.  PURPLE is suffering – white thingies swimming in it, white is ‘pure in heart’ or another symbol of Grace.  And so, something is given to him from my reserve of sufferings & he’s satisfied with it.} *** 

While he was posing he sort of winked & said,

Arnold will also be here.”

 

I am surprised & say to my family,

“See, I get the opportunities.”

The thing about Arnold being here is a big deal – Franco was a big deal showing up, Arnold bigger.  It’s some kind of boon.

 

*** {ARNOLD WILL ALSO BE HERE:  This might be a prediction that Arnold will pass before me & come to me for help.  Even though he worked against me in life, if this is so, of course I’ll help.  A friend of mine said rightly, “You’ll forgive him.”

I do have to add that I do not help everyone I knew, not even all my relatives.  Don’t know why – just the way it is.  Probably their karma didn’t permit it.} ***

PS  I just said the Holy Mass for Franco – 7-14-22  I will probably see something positive about it in my dreams tonight.

















 

 

1 comment:

  1. This one came out great as usual, Rasa. The pictures came out great as well. I will be sure to share it.

    Best wishes and keep up the great work,
    Ajax

    ReplyDelete